top of page

To whom do the European Banking Authority (EBA) guidelines on outsourcing apply?

The guidelines must be applied by any business that is a so called 'covered entity' i.e. any financial business that must register for a license with their National Competent Authority (<a href="/glossarycollection/national-competent-authority" style="color:#48277C;" target="_blank" title="National Competent Authority"><u>NCA</u></a>).

In the United Kingdom this is any business that is required to register with the Financial Conduct Authority (<a href="/glossarycollection/financial-conduct-authority" style="color:#48277C;" target="_blank" title="Financial Conduct Authority"><u>FCA</u></a>).

The exception is that Account Information Service Providers (<a href="/glossarycollection/account-information-service-provider" style="color:#48277C;" target="_blank" title="Account Information Service Provider"><u>AISP</u></a>) are not required to adhere to the guidelines (but are required to register with their NCA).

bottom of page