top of page

Does my company have to be based in the UK if I want to become an authorised e-money issuer in the UK?

To issue e-money in the UK requires the company to become an authorised Electronic Money Institution (<a href="/glossarycollection/electronic-money-institution" style="color:#48277C;" target="_blank" title="Electronic Money Institution"><u>EMI</u></a>). Applicants must either be: a body corporate constituted under the law of the UK and whose head office (and, where relevant, its registered office) is in the UK; or a body corporate which has a branch that is located in the UK and whose head office is situated in a territory that is outside the EEA.<br/><br/>

(c) The Financial Conduct Authority

bottom of page