top of page

Can a payment institution based in another European Economic Area (EEA) state secure passporting rights to operate in the UK?

Yes, businesses that are authorised or registered in another EEA State that wish to provide payment services or issue, distribute or redeem e-money in the UK can make a passport application via their own National Competent Authority (<a href="/glossarycollection/national-competent-authority" style="color:#48277C;" target="_blank" title="National Competent Authority"><u>NCA</u></a>).

bottom of page